[torqueusers] Re: how can I make pbs_mom rotate its old log files.

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sat Dec 6 17:15:58 MST 2008

----- "Rahul Nabar" <rpnabar at gmail.com> wrote:

> The /var/spool/torque/spool is still a sticking point though. There
> are some huge files here eg. " 233139.supe.ER ".
>
> The corresponding job has ended qstat reveals. Isn't pbs (torque)
> supposed to remove these. What might I be doing wrong?

They're meant to get copied back to the directory the job was
submitted from.   If that fails they're meant to get moved
to the /var/spool/torque/undelivered directory instead.

Well worth checking your mom logs and system logs for the time
that job finished to see if any errors were recorded.

> The only other option for me seems again a cron every
> hour that looks to see if a jobid has ended and then
> manually deletes files. But I think that shouldn't be
> needed. Or should it?

We've never had to do that, though we do occasionally
scan the undelivered directory to check that nothing's
there and if it is work out the best way to get it back
to the user.

cheers,
Chris