[torqueusers] Re: how can I make pbs_mom rotate its old log files.

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 17:12:09 MST 2008

>Yes, people have their own cronjobs handle this stuff.

>My cluster has a daily cronjob that ssh's to each node, moving all log files
>back to a head node.

Thanks! I wrote my own cron scripts now. The logs are handled correctly.

The /var/spool/torque/spool is still a sticking point though. There are some
huge files here eg. "233139.supe.ER".

The corresponding job has ended qstat reveals. Isn't pbs  (torque) supposed
to remove these. What might I be doing wrong?

The only other option for me seems again a cron every hour that looks to see
if a jobid has ended and then manually deletes files. But I think that
shouldn't be needed. Or should it?

--
Rahul