[torqueusers] Want to set up a queue which automatically holds jobs

Justin Finnerty justin.finnerty at uni-oldenburg.de
Fri Dec 5 15:39:44 MST 2008

> Hi,
>
> I need to find a way to hold jobs in a queue to allow release later.
>
> The background...
>
> I have a Torque 2.3 system managing job queues for a scientific
> computing cluster and need to run test jobs where I can control on which
> nodes each job is run.  Until recently this was done by stopping a
> queue, submitting jobs to it, then using qrun to release jobs as
> appropriate.

I use maui reservations for this.  I set some sort of administrative
reservation on the node I want to test then submit a job to that node.
The job will then be held in the queue until I run 'qrun'.  This method
allows all other jobs submitted to the queue (that are not specifically
targetted to the test node) to execute normally.

Cheers
  Justin

--
Dr Justin Finnerty
Rm W3-1-218         Ph 49 (441) 798 3726