[torqueusers] Keep option: -k n

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Dec 4 21:09:38 MST 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 09:52:51AM -0600, Zach Teitler alleged:
> Hello,
>
> I found in this recent thread:
>
>     http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/torqueusers/2008-November/008274.html
>
> a discussion of how to manage output and error files. The suggestion
> there was to use -j oe to join them, and a daily script to wipe files
> of size 0.
>
> I have tried using the option -k n and yet I still get these output
> and error files. While I am willing to have a script wipe out size-0
> files, I would rather have my -k n option work. Perhaps I am using
> some other option that overrides the -k n? Here is the situation.

The '-k n' options that neither file are retained on the execution host;
meaning, both files are copied back to the submission host (the default).

I just remembered that you can specify /dev/null for -o and -e and it will do
what you want.

University of Southern California

See the Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/