[torqueusers] how can I make pbs_mom rotate its old log files.

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Dec 1 17:53:02 MST 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 02:37:28PM -0600, Rahul Nabar alleged:
> Hi,
>
> How can I get the torque mom to rotate its logs? Currently it logs to
> /var/spool/torque/mom_logs/ directory with date-encoded filenames of the
> sort 20080728 etc.
>
> But I recently had a case where my compute node got a 100% full / partition
> mainly because of the mom_logs dir getting too big (close to 3 gigs)
>
> What solution do people typically employ? Or do I have to cron my own shell
> script to keep a watch. Had a similar problem with the
> /var/spool/torque/spool having some old un-removed files of the sort
> 233046.supe.ER. I guess these are error files but one of them was cloase to
> 2 gigs.

Yes, people have their own cronjobs handle this stuff.

My cluster has a daily cronjob that ssh's to each node, moving all log files
back to a head node.

University of Southern California

Revoke LDS Church 501(c)(3) Status - http://lds501c3.wordpress.com/