[torqueusers] qstat error

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Dec 1 17:51:51 MST 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 04:43:32PM -0500, Yang Wang alleged:
> We had these occasional annoying error from our pbs cluster (torque 2.2.1 with maui).
>

> Can't understand qstat:
>
> qstat: Invalid credential 42443.bio205.xxxxxx.com
>

> What this means? How can I look some pbs log file more details?  What is the likely cause of the error?

First. upgrade.  Be sure you are following along the upgrade path.  Upgrading
within the minor number is trivial.

Is the error after a long wait?  If so, then pbs_server is getting too busy to
respond.  This could be for many reasons.  NFS, DNS, NIS, being slow or
overloaded?  Too many nodes for pbs_server to service (increase
node_check_rate)?  Network paths overloaded?

University of Southern California

Revoke LDS Church 501(c)(3) Status - http://lds501c3.wordpress.com/