[torqueusers] torque daemons can not be stopeed during uninstall

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Dec 1 17:47:07 MST 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 10:06:41AM +0800, onceihave alleged:
> Hi all:
>
> I compiled out Torque rpms for my cluster. I find all Torque daemons can not be stopped during the uninstallation of rpms. In other words, pbs_* services are still running after Torque rpms have been removed.
>
> Can we fix this issue in future versions?

I don't think it is appropriate for the rpm scripts to be starting or stopping
daemons.  It is up to the admin to decide when or how to start/stop the
daemons.

University of Southern California

Revoke LDS Church 501(c)(3) Status - http://lds501c3.wordpress.com/