[torqueusers] how can I make pbs_mom rotate its old log files.

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 13:37:28 MST 2008

Hi,

How can I get the torque mom to rotate its logs? Currently it logs to
/var/spool/torque/mom_logs/ directory with date-encoded filenames of the
sort 20080728 etc.

But I recently had a case where my compute node got a 100% full / partition
mainly because of the mom_logs dir getting too big (close to 3 gigs)

What solution do people typically employ? Or do I have to cron my own shell
script to keep a watch. Had a similar problem with the
/var/spool/torque/spool having some old un-removed files of the sort
233046.supe.ER. I guess these are error files but one of them was cloase to
2 gigs.

Thanks!

Regards,

Rahul