[torqueusers] how to interpret resources_used.mem?

Roger Moye moye at rice.edu
Thu Aug 28 11:11:22 MDT 2008

All,

We are using Torque 2.3.0.  I have a question about information for
completed jobs such as resources_used.mem.   Is this showing me the
maximum amount of memory used by the job, an average, or something
else?  I have looked through the documentation and can not find this
defined anywhere.

The specific issue is that we have a user on our cluster who would like
to monitor the cpu time and maximum memory used by his jobs.  The best I
could come up with for memory is resources_used.mem but it seems that
this value is understated on a test job that I ran today.

Mailing list threads on this topic are old so I thought I'd pose the
question.

Thanks in advance.
-Roger

--