[torqueusers] Invlid credentials with qsub

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Wed Aug 20 12:50:40 MDT 2008

Hey Chris,

	Well two things could be the issue. Number one is that you can't run a
job with TORQUE as user "root", or more correctly a user account with a
UID of 0. Now from the error message below I suspect the username is not
actually "user", but hopefuly it wasn't originally "root".

	What is more likely going on is that you've submitted a job as a user
called "user" who doesn't have an entry in /etc/passwd on the compute
node the job is running on. You can either go around to all of your
nodes adding users, being careful to match the usernames to the UIDs
when you create the users, or you need some shared naming system like
NIS or LDAP.

-Josh