[torqueusers] allocation of total number of processors for mpiexec job

Azhar Ali Shah aas_lakyari at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 05:36:50 MDT 2008

Hi all,

I am wondering on how to specify with torque+mpiexec to spawn the parallel job on all 9 processors available on my my cluster. The cluster has 6 nodes of which 3 are dual processors and other 3 are uni-processors. These nodes are listed in the server_priv/nodes as:

node01    np=2    master
node02    np=2    slave
node03    np=2    slave
node04    np=1    slave
node05    np=1    slave
node06    np=1    slave

I tried:
 a) #PBS -l nodes=6:npp=2

 b) #PBS -l nodes=6
      mpiexec -np 9 ~/cpi

but both of these failed.

Any ideas on which option to use for all 9 processors?

thanks in advance for your time and help
Azhar

PS: all jobs requiring maximum of 6 processors are working fine.