[torqueusers] rpmbuild problem with torque-2.3.3

Jens Larsson jens at nsc.liu.se
Mon Aug 18 14:57:37 MDT 2008

> Hi Gabe and Josh,
> It works. Thanks a lot.
> Best regards,
> Bibo

To continue this thread, I have problems with building the rpms after
compiling torque 2.2.* and 2.3.* without gui clients (the default out of
the box). The gui clients are built anyway and the last stage of rpmbuild
complains with:

% rpmbuild -tb torque-2.3.3.tar.gz
[...]
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/local/bin/pbs_tclsh
   /usr/local/bin/pbs_track
   /usr/local/bin/pbs_wish
   /usr/local/bin/xpbs
   /usr/local/bin/xpbsmon
   /usr/local/lib/xpbs/acctname.tk
   /usr/local/lib/xpbs/after_depend.tk
   /usr/local/lib/xpbs/auto_upd.tk
   /usr/local/lib/xpbs/before_depend.tk
[...]

And no rpms are built. The solution is to change torque.spec:

	< %define use_tcl 0
	< %define build_gui no
	> %define use_tcl 1
	> %define build_gui yes

And build (and discard) the torque-gui package. I have had this problem
for a long time. Why are the xpbs stuff build when the spec file defines
use_tcl and build_gui as NO!

/jens

--
Jens Larsson, NSC, Linköpings universitet, SE-58183 LINKÖPING, SWEDEN
Phone: +46(0)13-281432, FAX: +46(0)13-282535, E-mail: jens at nsc.liu.se
GPG/PGP Key: 1024D/C21BB2C7 2001-02-27 Jens Larsson <jens at nsc.liu.se>
Key Fingerprint: BAEF 85CF BF1D  7A69 C965 2EE6  C541 D57F C21B  B2C7