[torqueusers] Post job file processing error with torque 2.3.1 in gentoo running a namd script

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Fri Aug 15 00:44:20 MDT 2008

----- gonzalo at cbuc.cl wrote:

> 08/01/2008 22:47:07;000d;PBS_Server;Job;6.dna1.cbuc.cl;Post job file
> processing error; job 6.dna1.cbuc.cl on host
> dna7/1+dna7/0+dna6/1+dna6/0

You will need to check the mom_logs on the compute
nodes to see what actually failed.

As you've got the users home directories shared by NFS
then it'll be worth using the pbs_mom configuration option
$usecp to tell it that it can use 'cp' rather than rcp/scp
to copy the files to their final location.

For NAMD - I've got to say that building NAMD as an MPI
program makes launching it *so* much easier..

cheers,
Chris