[torqueusers] Question regarding configuring a queue with acl_groups

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Fri Aug 15 00:31:29 MDT 2008

----- "Michael Homa" <mhoma at uic.edu> wrote:

> I'm configuring torque (version 2.2.1) for a university-based cluster.
> I'm setting up an execution queue for jobs submitted by staff employees
> and not from students;

Don't know if this is any help, but we tend to put all
those smarts into the scheduler, the only queues we
have are to allocate default walltimes to jobs (mainly
for a commercial application that will let users select
queues but not walltimes).

For instance we put users into different primary
groups based on their institution and can then set
per institute limits based on that with GROUPCFG.

If you're worried about users submitting too many
jobs then don't forget you can use MAXJOB and MAXIJOB
to stop them queue stuffing.

cheers!
Chris