[torqueusers] instability in torque 2.3.1

Josh Butikofer josh at clusterresources.com
Mon Aug 11 08:07:52 MDT 2008

There were known problems with 2.3.1 regarding handshaking between the mom and server, log file
descriptors, and errors when Moab/Maui tried scheduling with neednodes, but I wasn't aware of any
reported segfaults or crashes.

As far as I've heard, other sites have been using 2.3.2 with much more success than 2.3.1. We
usually recommend that users upgrade to 2.3.2 if they are having trouble with 2.3.1 or if they are
considering moving from 2.1.x or 2.2.x to 2.3.x.

--Josh B.