[torqueusers] running qstat as a root does not show any jobs

Steve Snelgrove ssnelgrove at clusterresources.com
Wed Apr 30 12:32:19 MDT 2008

asubedi wrote:
> If I run qstat as a normal user, it shows all the jobs that are
> running or on queue. However, if I run it as root, it does not show
> anything. What option should I set to make this happen?

Here are some ideas.  Unless root is marked as a manager, it has no
special privilege to see other's jobs.

So you could make root a manager and you must also say from which
machines this is allowed.

You can use a wild card character '*' in specifying the machine.

The command "set server managers=root@*" would allow root to be a
manager from any machine.  Note that this is not secure but would do for
testing.

There is also a server option, query_other_jobs, that can be set to
allow all users to see all jobs.

See http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs21/a.bserverparameters.shtml.