[torqueusers] host not authorized

Charles Johnson charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Apr 25 11:48:15 MDT 2008

On Apr 25, 2008, at 12:25 PM, Brock Palen wrote:

> I am having trouble setting up torque on a host.  I have done this
> many times, but I cant figure out why the mom will not accept
> commands from the server.
>
> When I try to do 'qrun'  on the server,  (I am a manager and operator)
>
> qrun: Execution server rejected request
> REJHOST=nyx190.engin.umich.edu MSG=cannot send job to
> nyx190.engin.umich.edu, state=PRERUN 1.gridlock.engin.umich.edu
>
> I also can't use momctl from the server:
>
> gridlock% /usr/local/sbin/momctl -h nyx190.engin.umich.edu -d 3
> ERROR:    query[0] 'diag3' failed on nyx190.engin.umich.edu (errno:
> 0:5)
>

> On the mom,  I see the following:
>
> 04/25/2008 13:11:43;0008;   pbs_mom;Job;process_request;request type
> GSSForwardCreds from host gridlock.engin.umich.edu rejected (host
> not authorized)
>
> Now this is the GSSAPI branch, but I don't think GSSAPI has anything
> to do with this.  Looking in server/proccess_request.c,  the code
> looks like this:
>
>  if (!tfind(svr_conn[sfds].cn_addr,&okclients))
>   {
>    sprintf(log_buffer,"request type %s from host %s rejected (host
> not authorized)",
>      reqtype_to_txt(request->rq_type),
>      request->rq_host);
>
>    log_record(
>     PBSEVENT_JOB,
>      PBS_EVENTCLASS_JOB,
>      id,      log_buffer);
>
>    req_reject(PBSE_BADHOST,0,request,NULL,"request not authorized");
>
>    close_client(sfds);
>    return;
>    }
>

> We used to have to set /etc/hosts.equiv etc,  to make things work,
> but have not had to do that for some time.  I cant even use momctl,
>
> Thanks guys.
>
> Brock Palen
> www.umich.edu/~brockp
> Center for Advanced Computing
> brockp at umich.edu
> (734)936-1985

Two things come to mind, which I am sure you have covered, but do you
have the server_name file in /usr/spool/PBS (or wherever your moms run
from)?

Second, we have always had to use /etc/hosts.equiv

HTH

Charles
---
Charles Johnson
Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Vanderbilt University
charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu
Office: 615-343-2776
Cell: 615-478-8799