[torqueusers] host not authorized

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Fri Apr 25 11:25:55 MDT 2008

I am having trouble setting up torque on a host.  I have done this
many times, but I cant figure out why the mom will not accept
commands from the server.

When I try to do 'qrun'  on the server,  (I am a manager and operator)

qrun: Execution server rejected request
REJHOST=nyx190.engin.umich.edu MSG=cannot send job to
nyx190.engin.umich.edu, state=PRERUN 1.gridlock.engin.umich.edu

I also can't use momctl from the server:

gridlock% /usr/local/sbin/momctl -h nyx190.engin.umich.edu -d 3
ERROR:    query[0] 'diag3' failed on nyx190.engin.umich.edu (errno: 0:5)

On the mom,  I see the following:

04/25/2008 13:11:43;0008;   pbs_mom;Job;process_request;request type
GSSForwardCreds from host gridlock.engin.umich.edu rejected (host not

Now this is the GSSAPI branch, but I don't think GSSAPI has anything
to do with this.  Looking in server/proccess_request.c,  the code
looks like this:

   if (!tfind(svr_conn[sfds].cn_addr,&okclients))
     sprintf(log_buffer,"request type %s from host %s rejected (host
not authorized)",

       id,      log_buffer);

     req_reject(PBSE_BADHOST,0,request,NULL,"request not authorized");

We used to have to set /etc/hosts.equiv etc,  to make things work,
but have not had to do that for some time.  I cant even use momctl,

Thanks guys.

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp at umich.edu