[torqueusers] having problems distributing jobs

Andreas Gruber agruber at tbi.univie.ac.at
Thu Apr 24 16:24:18 MDT 2008

Hi

I have just installed torque ad set up a bunch of queues. I have two
quad core machines added as nodes. When I submit a couple of jobs via
qsub -q SHORT to the queue, they all get queued and just one is executed
at a time. Nor is a job started on the same machine using a different
core, nor is it run on the other node! Any suggestions to this kind of
problem?

cheers,
andreas

see my config here:

# Create and define queue SHORT
#
create queue SHORT
set queue SHORT queue_type = Execution
set queue SHORT max_running = 6
set queue SHORT resources_max.cput = 02:00:00
set queue SHORT resources_max.mem = 900mb
set queue SHORT resources_max.ncpus = 4
set queue SHORT enabled = True
set queue SHORT started = True

# Set server attributes.