[torqueusers] Efficiently using nodes with multi-core CPU

Daniel Bourque dbourque at weatherdata.com
Thu Apr 24 12:43:48 MDT 2008

You accomplish that in Maui using ( in maui.cfg )

NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY  CPULOAD
NODEAVAILABILITYPOLICY UTILIZED

jobs will be packed onto nodes according to load average and unused CPUs
( cpus as defined in torque, not actual CPUs ) , until you run out of
nodes with acceptable load  average or nodes in available cpus.

I'm also new at torque/maui, so if I'm not doing this properly, someone
feel free to enlighten me.

Thanks

Daniel Bourque
Sr. Systems Engineer