[torqueusers] Efficiently using nodes with multi-core CPU

Zerony Zhao bw.linux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 19:11:35 MDT 2008

Dear maillist users,
I am new to torque PBS. I have a naive question about setting policy
of using nodes with multi-core CPU.
Currently  I set every user can request 1 or more nodes, and 1 or more
cores in each node. But if one user requests 1 node with 1 core, then
another user requests 1 node with 1 core, then the two jobs are
running on the same node, but for efficiency, I wish the second job
runs on the another idle node? How should I modify the configuration
file? Appreciate your help.

Zerony