[torqueusers] Exit status = -3

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 08:44:50 MDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Arnau Bria <arnaubria at pic.es> wrote:

> > > Ok, and when the exit is less than 128? Exit staus=1 ?
> >

> > Like I said,  these exit status values are set by your job.  You need
> > to look at your program documentation (and possibly bash
> > documentation) to find out.
> Ok, I undesrtood that if my program eits with 1, torque will show me
> 129, not 1.

no,  that is not true.  Under normal circumstances Torque will show you
whatever bash (if that is your shell) returns.  Bash itself returns the exit
status of the last command that was executed.   If a command exits from a
fatal signal then bash uses the signal number plus 128 as the exit value.
If a command is not found then bash uses 127. If the command ws found but is
not executable then bash uses 126 for the exit status.  If torque reports
the exit status of your job as 1 then whatever the last command that is
executed in your script is returning 1.