[torqueusers] forcing use of one processor per node?

John Young j.e.young at larc.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 16 09:10:58 MDT 2008

I have a small cluster of dual processor machines.  Normally,
I would like to keep each processor busy, but sometimes (due
usually to memory constraints) I would like to force a job
that I want to run, say, on 4 processors to run on 4 separate
nodes each using only one processor, rather than on two nodes
using both processors.

I have tried using things like

#PBS -l nodes=4:ppn=1

and even

#PBS -W x=NACCESSPOLICY:SINGLETASK

but it does not seem to matter.  I always end up using both
processors on two nodes.  'qstat -a' says that the job is
using 4 nodes, but it doesn't really...  :-(

Any ideas?

						JY