[torqueusers] Standard output before the end of job

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Apr 10 01:30:44 MDT 2008

----- "Rajil Saraswat" <rajil.s at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah! I missed that. Now it produces an output as expected.
> Unfortunately, it copies it in the home directory rather
> than the directory i specify.
[...]
> There is no dummy.job.o in tst1 directory. Anything i did wrong?

No, I'm afraid that appears to be what the -k option
does, presumably because it doesn't assume a shared
filesystem across nodes and so it can only rely on
the existence of your home directory there, not other
subdirectories of it.

The manual page says for instance:

 e  The  standard  error  stream is to retained on the execution
    host.  The  stream will be placed in the home  directory  of
    the  user  under  whose  user id the job executed.

Sorry about that,
Chris