[torqueusers] Standard output before the end of job

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 14:18:59 MDT 2008

> That's because you missed the:
>
> #PBS -k oe
>
> from your PBS script!
>
> $ man qsub
> [...]
>        -k keep Defines which (if either) of standard output or standard
> error will  be  retained on the execution host.  If set for a stream, this
> option overrides the path name for that  stream.   If  not set, neither
> stream is retained on the execution host.
>

> cheers,
> Chris

Ah! I missed that. Now it produces an output as expected. Unfortunately, it
copies it in the home directory rather than the directory i specify. This is
what i used:

#!/bin/sh
#PBS -q default
#PBS -o /home/yy/tmp/tst1/dummy.job.o
#PBS -e /home/yy/tmp/tst1/dummy.job.e
#PBS -j oe
#PBS -k oe

There is no dummy.job.o in tst1 directory. Anything i did wrong?

cheers
Rajil