[torqueusers] Standard output before the end of job

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Apr 9 02:20:16 MDT 2008

----- "Rajil Saraswat" <rajil.s at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris Samuel wrote:
>
> > You will want to use:
> >
> > #PBS -k oe
[...]

> Thanks for your reply. But this doesnt seem to work. This is what i
> did:
[...]

> #!/bin/sh
> #PBS -q default
> #PBS -j oe
> #PBS -o /home/yy/tmp/tst1/dummy.job.o
> #PBS -e /home/yy/tmp/tst1/dummy.job.e

[...]

> 4. As you can see above there is no dummy.job.o in my directory.
> Ofcourse once the job has finished, it appears

That's because you missed the:

#PBS -k oe

from your PBS script!

$ man qsub
[...]
       -k keep Defines which (if either) of standard output or standard  error
               will  be  retained on the execution host.  If set for a stream,
               this option overrides the path name for that  stream.   If  not
               set, neither stream is retained on the execution host.

cheers,
Chris