[torqueusers] Cannot configure torque on nonstandard ports.

Roy Dragseth roy.dragseth at cc.uit.no
Mon Apr 7 15:40:25 MDT 2008

Hi.

I'm planning to debug both the race condition in pbs_mom and the too long
server hostlist bugs and would like to run a separate copy of torque on my
cluster.  I followed the description on the web and everything went fine
until I tried to configure the system with qmgr.  All configurations fail
with the message

 # ./bin/qmgr -c 'p s'
#
# Set server attributes.
#
set server acl_hosts = server.my.domain
set server log_events = 511
set server mail_from = adm
set server scheduler_iteration = 600
set server node_check_rate = 150
set server tcp_timeout = 6

# ./bin/qmgr -c 's s acl_hosts = *.my.domain' server.my.domain:35000
qmgr obj= svr=default: Unauthorized Request

04/07/2008 23:14:13;0080;PBS_Server;Req;req_reject;Reject reply code=15007
(Unauthorized Request ), aux=0, type=Manager, from
root at server.my.domain:35000

This is on torque-2.3.0 with a fresh pbs_server started with -t create.

To me it seems like the host acl parsing is including the port numbers because
the same config works without problems if I instead change the port numbers
in pbs_ifl.h instead of giving them as startup parameters to the daemons.

Anything obvious I'm missing?

r.

--

  The Computer Center, University of Tromsø, N-9037 TROMSØ Norway.
              phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00
         Direct call: +47 77 64 62 56. email: royd at cc.uit.no