[torqueusers] idle queue problems

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Apr 7 05:22:05 MDT 2008

----- "Charles Johnson" <charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu> wrote:

Hi Charles,

> When users submit a script which requests -l mem=4000mb the jobs are
> place in the idle queue. They will, however, never run since no node
> has that much ram. How do I force them into the blocked queue
> instead?

I'd say that's more of a scheduler problem than a Torque
problem, pbs_sched is a bit too simple to cope with that.

Mind you what you might be able to do is to reject those
jobs from being submitted in the first place with something
like:

qmgr -c "set queue batch resources_max.mem=1000mb"

No idea if that is implemented or will work as I've
never tried it!