[torqueusers] max job id number?

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 09:52:21 MDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Steve Snelgrove <
ssnelgrove at clusterresources.com> wrote:

> One thing you might think of is that if the old jobs are gone and
> therefore the id number does not really matter anymore, you could use the
> qmgr command to set the job number counter back to one.
>
> $ qmgr -c 'set server next_job_number = 1'

the job number will roll over back to zero by itself

some people have job accounting databases with a lot of historical data and
use the job id as a unique key.  they'd have to purge all that old
accounting info if the job number is reset

this is the reason why we added the "set server next_job_number"
functionality - if they had to re-initialize the torque server they could
reset the next job number to something that wouldn't collide with a key in
their accounting database