[torqueusers] torque/maui on a cluster that already has DQS and NQS

Rob Lines rlinesseagate at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 13:23:33 MDT 2007

We currently have two clusters that are working independently and both have
DQS and NQS running.  We are trying to transition to using Torque and Maui
but are running into some problems.

Here is what I am getting from one of the more advanced cluster users:

In the default configuration pbs_server was complaining, that it could not
talk to a scheduler
on port 15004 (see /var/spool/torque/server_logs). So I changed the
SERVERPORT for Maui
in /usr/local/maui/maui.cfg. Then, pbs_server does not complain any more,
but my
test script still does not get scheduled.

We were able to submit jobs using the scheduler that came with torque but it
was unfortunately not smart enough for our environment as it just seemed to
queue to the first node available and did not look at the load on the node.

The underlying machines are running esentially RH 7.2 and 7.2 though they
were updated from the fedora legacy  project and they are running kernel
2.4.35-pre4.

If anyone has any suggestions as to fixes or to additional information that
may help in figuring it out please let me know.

Thank you,
Rob Lines