[torqueusers] qsub working only for _some_ users??

Gerolf Ziegenhain mail.gerolf at ziegenhain.com
Thu Sep 27 06:57:30 MDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I'm administrating a small cluster and installed torque & maui recently. The
jobs can be submitted from a head node and on all slave nodes nis&nfs&ssh is
working nicely. Just now I discovered a strange problem: With some users I
can submit jobs but with others submitting jobs failes with:

************* Failure *************
qsub -I
qsub: waiting for job 4772.wap.physik.uni-kl.de to start
qsub: job 4772.wap.physik.uni-kl.de apparently deleted
************* Failure *************

There are still enough nodes free...

************* maui.cfg *************
SERVERHOST            wap
ADMIN1                root
RMCFG[base]  TYPE=PBS
RMPOLLINTERVAL        00:00:30
SERVERPORT            42559
SERVERMODE            NORMAL
LOGFILE               maui.log
LOGFILEMAXSIZE        10000000
LOGLEVEL              3
QUEUETIMEWEIGHT       1
BACKFILLPOLICY        FIRSTFIT
RESERVATIONPOLICY     CURRENTHIGHEST
NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY  MINRESOURCE
GROUPCFG[DEFAULT]       MAXPROC=56 MAXMEM=4096 MAXNODES=14
USERCFG[DEFAULT]        MAXPROC=50
************* maui.cfg *************

There are different users and groups configured in NIS. All of them can log
in nicely everywhere. But for some _specific_ users submitting doesn't work.

I've already tried to restart the head/nodes (NIS update etc) and looked at
/var/log/... without finding anything special.

What could be a point to look at?

Best regards:
   Gerolf

--
Dipl. Phys. Gerolf Ziegenhain
Office: Room 46-332 - Erwin-Schrödinger-Str.46 - TU Kaiserslautern - Germany