[torqueusers] queue with several default CPUs

Egor Tur worldeb at ukr.net
Wed Sep 26 11:16:22 MDT 2007

Hi folks.

I create a queue for example with 4 CPUs for parallel jobs wich will always use these all 4 CPUs as default.
But when I send jobs to queue these job have only Q state and not running. When I specify nodes
in batch script (as -l nodes= option) for this 4 CPUs than jobs run.
Are there possibility for creation of queue with several CPUs as default?

I try:
create queue batch
set queue batch queue_type = Execution
set queue batch resources_max.ncpus = 4
set queue batch resources_max.nodect = 4
set queue batch resources_max.nodes = 4
set queue batch resources_min.ncpus = 2
set queue batch resources_min.nodect = 2
set queue batch resources_min.nodes = 2
set queue batch resources_default.ncpus = 4
set queue batch resources_default.nodect = 2
set queue batch resources_default.nodes = 2
set queue batch resources_default.walltime = 100:00:00
set queue batch resources_available.nodect = 4
set queue batch enabled = True
set queue batch started = True

And I play with resources_ options for queue, but jobs always have Q state.
Each nodes have 2 CPU.

In batch script I use mpiexec for sending jobs to queue.

Thanks.