[torqueusers] priority queues

Adams, Samuel D Contr AFRL/HEDR Samuel.Adams at BROOKS.AF.MIL
Tue Sep 25 14:28:43 MDT 2007

Perhaps this is a question for the Maui mailing list, but I have been
having trouble getting the priority of the queues working properly.  For
a simple case, I have two queues: the default queue and the middle
priority, and a high queue that has a higher priority.  In qmgr, I set
the queue priorities, but for some reason the jobs are executed in FIFO
order disregarding the priority.  For example, if I have a million
normal jobs queued first and then queue a high job, the high job has to
wait until all million jobs are done first.  What am I doing wrong?

bash-3.1$ qmgr -c "list queue normal"
Queue normal
        queue_type = Execution
        Priority = 50
        total_jobs = 71
        state_count = Transit:0 Queued:67 Held:0 Waiting:0 Running:4
Exiting:0
        acl_host_enable = True
        acl_hosts = prodnode1.brooks.af.mil
        acl_group_enable = True
        acl_groups = users
        acl_logic_or = True
        mtime = Wed Sep 12 13:25:10 2007
        resources_assigned.nodect = 17
        enabled = True
        started = True
bash-3.1$ qmgr -c "list queue high"
Queue high
        queue_type = Execution
        Priority = 30
        total_jobs = 13
        state_count = Transit:0 Queued:13 Held:0 Waiting:0 Running:0
Exiting:0
        acl_host_enable = True
        acl_hosts = prodnode1.brooks.af.mil
        acl_group_enable = True