[torqueusers] jobids and server names?

Roy Dragseth Roy.Dragseth at cc.uit.no
Fri Sep 21 01:44:19 MDT 2007

Hi.

Is it possible to change the name string that gets attached to the jobid
number to anything else than the name of the server running pbs_server?

I want to set up a cluster with login nodes and hide the real frontend from
the users in the following way:

Public name: my_cluster.domain.org
Login node 1: my_login1.domain.org
Login node 2: my_login2.domain.org
Core node: my_cluster_core.domain.org

my_login1 and my_login2 shall have some ip takeover mechanism for the address
associated with my_cluster.domain.org.

pbs_server runs on my_cluster_core, and through the standard config all jobs
would have jobids like 12345.my_cluster_core.domain.org.
Is it possible to make the jobids look like 12345.my_cluster.domain.org
instead?

Regards,
r.

--

  The Computer Center, University of Tromsø, N-9037 TROMSØ Norway.
	      phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00
	 Direct call: +47 77 64 62 56. email: royd at cc.uit.no