[torqueusers] about multiserver

vanilla vanilla0111 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 21:04:54 MDT 2007

I have some trouble in pbs job submission and run. I know it is because of
multiserver, but I can't mend it.
The cluster (oscar 5.0) has one head node and one compute node, as the
cat /etc/hosts
# that require network functionality will fail.       localhost.localdomain   localhost   oscar_server.oscardomain oscar_server nfs_oscar pbs_oscar  dchen-linux.localdomain     dchen-linux

# These entries are managed by SIS, please don't modify them.        oscarnode1.oscardomain     oscarnode1
1. when I config  /var/spool/pbs/torque.cfg file as the following:
      1 QSUBSLEEP   2
      2 SERVERHOST  dchen-linux
qsub is successful and I can see all jobs in qstat , but all jobs just  in
queue, can't run.

2. when I config /var/spool/pbs/torque.cfg file in another way:
      1 QSUBSLEEP   2
      2 SERVERHOST  oscar_server
qsub failed.

How to config and run qsub successfully?
Thanks for help.