[torqueusers] about multiserver

vanilla vanilla0111 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 21:04:54 MDT 2007

I have some trouble in pbs job submission and run. I know it is because of
multiserver, but I can't mend it.
The cluster (oscar 5.0) has one head node and one compute node, as the
following:
cat /etc/hosts
----------------------
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
192.168.190.1   oscar_server.oscardomain oscar_server nfs_oscar pbs_oscar
192.168.22.107  dchen-linux.localdomain     dchen-linux

# These entries are managed by SIS, please don't modify them.
192.168.190.2        oscarnode1.oscardomain     oscarnode1
---------------------------
1. when I config  /var/spool/pbs/torque.cfg file as the following:
-----------------------------
      1 QSUBSLEEP   2
      2 SERVERHOST  dchen-linux
      3 ALLOWCOMPUTEHOSTSUMBIT  true
------------------------------
qsub is successful and I can see all jobs in qstat , but all jobs just  in
queue, can't run.

2. when I config /var/spool/pbs/torque.cfg file in another way:
      1 QSUBSLEEP   2
      2 SERVERHOST  oscar_server
      3 ALLOWCOMPUTEHOSTSUMBIT  true
qsub failed.

How to config and run qsub successfully?
Thanks for help.