[torqueusers] More than one job per CPU

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Fri Sep 14 09:37:49 MDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 11:53 -0700, Garrick Staples wrote:

> If the node is "busy" in torque, then maui won't run a job on it.  End of story.
>
> So you want to keep the node from being busy with the $ideal_load and $max_load
> options.  You mentioned that you tried the former, but did you also set the
> later?

Yes, I've tried adding both ideal_load and max_load to each nodes config
file. I think we may just go back to our rsh script for the nice 19 jobs
and lets PBS handle everything else. What I can't figure out though is
if current nice 19 jobs are running on the compute nodes (not submitted
via PBS) I can submit a PBS job and have it execute on those nodes with
no problems.