[torqueusers] pbs on Dual quad core machine

Jan jand at uvic.ca
Fri Sep 7 11:59:54 MDT 2007

Hello,

I have a fairly basic question I think. I would like to run a pbs system
on a single machine that has
2 CPUs with 4 cores each. I run MPI jobs on thsi machine and would like
to use PBS as a queue system. It installed fine and I can submit
something like
echo "sleep 20" | qsub

However, it is not clear to me how to configure the system to submit
jobs to this node and specify the number of cores to use. I don't have
any nodes since it's only one machine which acts as the server. I am
quite new to administrating my own PBS.

Thanks, Jan

--
Jan Dettmer, Postdoctoral Fellow
School of Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of Victoria
office: (250) 472-4342	email: jand at uvic.ca