[torqueusers] User's job can mess up the system so that no jobs run

Rushton Martin JMRUSHTON at qinetiq.com
Fri Sep 7 05:03:42 MDT 2007

|-----Original Message-----

|'undelivered' only if there's a problem? Using a nonlocal (eg.
|nfs-mounted) 'undelivered'
|seems like not such a good idea in the first case.

On my system the output files are in /var/spool/torque/spool and
are owned by the user.  They move to /var/spool/torque/undelivered
only if undelivered.  If you think about it, they need to be
owned by the user so that the user process can write to them.  If
they were owned by root they would need to be writeable by
anyone - which I doubt you would want!

The information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and is intended solely for the intended
recipient(s).  The information in this communication may be
confidential and/or legally privileged.  Nothing in this e-mail is
intended to conclude a contract on behalf of QinetiQ or make QinetiQ
subject to any other legally binding commitments, unless the e-mail
contains an express statement to the contrary or incorporates a formal Purchase Order.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on such information is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be
monitored and recorded for business purposes including security, audit
and archival purposes.  Any response to this email indicates consent
to this.

Telephone calls to QinetiQ may be monitored or recorded for quality
control, security and other business purposes.

QinetiQ Limited
Registered in England & Wales: Company Number:3796233
Registered office: 85 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6PD, United Kingdom
Trading address: Cody Technology Park, Cody Building, Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0LX, United Kingdom
http://www.QinetiQ.com/home/legal.html