[torqueusers] User's job can mess up the system so that no jobs run

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Sep 7 04:19:24 MDT 2007

> On 9/6/07, Aaron Tygart <thekuffs at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Filesystem quotas for that partition?
> >

> Hm, seems as though stdout and stderr for each respective job is owned
> by root.  So my idea doesn't work as great as it should have.

They appear to be owned by the user on my system. In which case it may
be feasable to use quota; from Torque user's point of view, what would
happen when quota is exceeded? I still would not like silent failure ,
if that happens then the script method maybe better in any case.

Or, is the file owned by root before the job ends, then changed to the
user?

Is the file in 'undelivered' created while the job is running and then
copied to the original workdir or is it placed in to 'undelivered' only
if there's a problem? Using a nonlocal (eg. nfs-mounted) 'undelivered'
seems like not such a good idea in the first case.