[torqueusers] MOM log file rotation

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Wed Sep 5 13:29:36 MDT 2007

	I really like the way that pbs_mom handles log files by naming them
with the date, and then automatically rotating them when the date changes.

	I have a few comments though:

1) I see that pbs_mom takes -L option to override the log file location,
but if the argument to -L is a directory, then log creation fails.

2) If I specify an argument to -L, then pbs_mom no longer manages the
file by naming it correctly, and properly rotating it.

It would be a nice if when the argument to -L is a directory, pbs_mom
simply uses that directory and manages the logs as it would if there was
no -L argument.

I could try and supply a patch to 2.1.8 to attempt to do this, but I'm
not sure the implications this would have to binaries like tracejob and
other accounting systems, such as the Moab tools.

-Joshua Bernstein
Software Engineer
Penguin Computing