[torqueusers] enforcing ppn=X limits on per queue level

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Tue Sep 4 17:33:07 MDT 2007

Hi Thomas,

> A submit filter might be an option in some cases _BUT_ submit
> filters can only check the script but not the command line
> arguments (as far as I understand) and thus are generally only of
> very limited use - at least in my view.

The submit filter can check command line arguments - they get passed to
it as arguments.  However, as far as I know the submit filter cannot
change the arguments (though it can change the script itself).  Since
command line arguments override directives, there are some cases where
the best the submit filter can do is reject the job and give useful
feedback to the user.  In other/most cases, adding extra directives (say
to change the queue) can be effective.

Gareth Williams
CSIRO IM&T - eScience (HPSC)
http://intra.hpsc.csiro.au