[torqueusers] Option -lnodes=x:ppn=y does not work well

Philippe Combes Philippe.Combes at ens-lyon.fr
Wed Oct 31 03:25:32 MDT 2007

Hi all,

After having read extensiveley TORQUE and MAUI documentation, I do not
understand why I still cannot get the option "-lnodes=<x>:ppn=<y>" to work as
expected.
The only related thing I found was the parameter JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY of the MAUI
server. I set it to EXACTNODE, as told at
http://www.clusterresources.com/products/mwm/docs/a.fparameters.shtml#jobnodematchpolicy

I run TORQUE 1.2 with MAUI 3.2.6 on the (Mandriva) head node of a 32-biprocessor
node cluster.

When using, for instance,
  qsub -I -lnodes=1:ppn=2
if there is no node with 2 CPU available, then I get 2 different nodes, whereas
I would expect my job to be queued until there exists one node with both CPU free !

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks !

Philippe