[torqueusers] qsub: Bad UID for job execution

bol at CLEMSON.EDU bol at CLEMSON.EDU
Mon Oct 29 14:48:51 MDT 2007

Thanks a lot, this works.  Actually this configuration is listed in the
TORQUE document.

  _____

From: Gordon Golding [mailto:gordon.golding at colorado.edu]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 9:47 AM
To: 'Aaron Knister'; bol at CLEMSON.EDU
Cc: torqueusers at supercluster.org
Subject: RE: [torqueusers] qsub: Bad UID for job execution

>From Troubleshooting pages:

I want to submit and run jobs as root

While this can be a very bad idea from a security point of view, in some
restricted environments this can be quite useful and can be enabled by
setting the acl_roots
<http://www.clusterresources.com/wiki/doku.php?id=torque:appendix:b_server_p
arameters#acl_roots>  parameter via qmgr
<http://www.clusterresources.com/wiki/doku.php?id=torque:commands:qmgr>
command as in the following example:

  _____