[torqueusers] about installation of torque

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Thu Oct 25 09:19:41 MDT 2007

Hello,

When a job completes, mom on the node copies the error and output
files back to the server where the job was submitted from.

Because this is a network copy, mom uses either scp or rcp to perform
this. But if you know that the user's home directory is NFS-mounted
on the compute nodes and the head node the same way, you can indicate
it something like

$usecp<server>:/home /home

In this case, mom will use a regular cp command to copy the error and
output files and not scp or rcp.

Hope that helps,
Prakash