[torqueusers] Re: [Mauiusers] maui configure for torque's queues

Egor Tur worldeb at ukr.net
Wed Oct 24 10:22:41 MDT 2007

Hi folk.

I really do not understand how maui work with batch system.
I try to make experiment:
I create available only 10 nodes, ../server_priv/nodes have node001 np=4 ... node010 np=4
I create only one queue:
create queue special
set queue special queue_type = Execution
set queue special acl_group_enable = True
set queue special acl_groups = usergrape
set queue special acl_group_sloppy = True
set queue special enabled = True
set queue special started = True

In maui config I set parameters for this queue:
CLASSCFG[special]          MAXJOB=4
SRCFG[special-queue]       CLASSLIST=special GROUPLIST=special
SRCFG[special-queue]       HOSTLIST=node001,node002,node003,node004
SRCFG[special-queue]       RESOURCES=PROCS:1
SRCFG[special-queue]       TASKCOUNT=4

Restart all mom, torque and maui.

Now when I submit jobs to "special" queue then job allocated on node010 first of all on all 4 CPU,
then on node009 if I change MAXJOB to 8 and so on nothing jobs on nodes from HOSTLIST.
When I comment  CLASSCFG[special] I have not any limits.

I see that working only CLASSCFG directive and nothing from SRCFG.

Please tell me if my maui config is correct and SRCFG is working.

maui is 3.2.6p20, torque is 2.1.8

Thanx.