[torqueusers] maui configure for torque's queues

Egor Tur worldeb at ukr.net
Tue Oct 23 23:44:44 MDT 2007

Hi.

maui 3.2.6p20, torque 2.1.8.
I want to configure maui for torque queue. For example I have 2 queue in torque - batch & 	special
I have 4 CPU per node and 100 nodes.
../server_priv/nodes have np=node0001 np=4 and so on.
I want to use spesial queue for users which have "spesial" additional group (it is not primary group for these users. primary is "cluster" for all users)
and this queue have next policy:
running only one job per node and use only one CPU as for serial as for parallel tasks for users with "special" group.
In batch queue anybody can run jobs but only use 3 CPU per node.

Torque configured for queue as
set queue batch queue_type = Execution
set queue batch resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue batch resources_default.walltime = 500:00:00
set queue batch enabled = True
set queue batch started = True
special queue have same policy.

Maui I configure as
SRCFG[special-queue]   CLASSLIST=special GROUPRLIST=special TPN=1 TASKCOUNT=100 RESOURCES=PROCS:1 HOSTLIST=node0[0-1][0-9][0-9]
SRCFG[batch-queue]     CLASSLIST=batch GROUPLIST=cluster TPN=3 TASKCOUNT=300 RESOURCES=PROCS:3 HOSTLIST=node0[0-1][0-9][0-9]

In this case all users (and users wich have not "special" group) can submit jobs to "special" queue. And these jobs allocated on 4 CPU per node (not 1 jobs per
node). In batch system situation as same.

If I can configure torque and maui as I want?
I have played with some maui options but has not acceptable result.

When I try use USERLIST for one user instead GROUPRLIST then jobs for users which not listed in USERLIST always have Q status and locateted in BLOCKED
JOBS. I think it will be correct if these jobs will canceled. How can I do this?

Thanx.