[torqueusers] Runnig a script after job completion

Hemanth Yamijala yhemanth at yahoo-inc.com
Sun Oct 14 10:56:40 MDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 21:44 +0200, Chaitanya Krishna wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been searching for a simple solution to my problem but havent
> been ablt to find any till now.
>
> I tried the archives too. May be my search terms weren't good enough!!
>
> I want to run a shell script after a job that I submit using qsub is
> over. Is this possible? If so how?
>
> To elaborate on the question. I submit a job using qsub, then I need
> to check the output to see if the calculation has converged. If it
> hasn't converged I need to copy the outputfiles that I have at present
> and then continue the job using another qsub command. Is this
> possible?
>
> In a nut shell whenever the job submitted using qsub is finished in
> should trigger a shell script.

Could the epilogue scripts help here ? From the documentation,
http://www.clusterresources.com/wiki/doku.php?
id=torque:appendix:g_prologue_and_epilogue_scripts

"TORQUE provides to ability to run scripts before and/or after each job
executes. With such a script, a site can prepare systems, perform node
health checks, prepend and append text to output and error log files,
cleanup systems, etc."

Thanks
Hemanth