[torqueusers] resources_default.neednodes ignored?

Jan Ploski Jan.Ploski at offis.de
Wed Oct 10 05:47:01 MDT 2007

Hello,

I would like jobs from the queue dgipar_ib to only be assigned to nodes
with attribute "ib". Based on what I read in archives of this mailing
list, I set resources_default.neednodes = ib, in hope that a specification
like -l nodes=1 would be automatically converted to -l nodes=1:ib (is this
the intended effect of this option? is the effect even specified
anywhere?). Alas, it doesn't work. Jobs submitted to the queue are (also)
assigned to nodes that lack the "ib" attribute. Restarting pbs_server,
maui did not help.

I'm also wondering, if everything worked as expected, should qstat -f on
the job show (as it does):

    Resource_List.nodes = 1

or should it give me

    Resource_List.nodes = 1:ib

My configuration is TORQUE 2.1.6 and Maui 3.2.6p19. I found an earlier
report from 2004 which attributed the problem to a bug in Maui, which has
been supposedly fixed.

Your help is appreciated!

Best regards,
Jan Ploski