[torqueusers] Host name lookups for node lists.

Roy Dragseth Roy.Dragseth at cc.uit.no
Tue Oct 9 14:48:40 MDT 2007

Hi.

A question popped up on the rocks-list about node naming when you specify
specific nodenames in the nodes=.... list.  Is it possible to get torque to
accept any alias for a node?

In rocks we have the full local domain names in the hosts list of pbs_server,
like compute-X-Y.local and we have aliases to the same node like, cX-Y and
compute-X-Y.  In the current config one has to
specify -lnodes=compute-X-Y.local for torque to accept the job, it would be
nice to be able to do -lnodes=cX-Y or any other valid alias too.
submit_filter would be an option, but that is overly messy.

Regards,
r.

--
  The Computer Center, University of Tromsø, N-9037 TROMSØ, Norway.
	      phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00
	 Direct call: +47 77 64 62 56. email: royd at cc.uit.no