[torqueusers] Jobs stuck in Queue

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Thu Oct 4 14:10:29 MDT 2007

Interesting,

Bill Wichser wrote:
> Are you giving it enough time to clear the data from Torque?  Sometimes
> it takes a bit.

What would you say a "bit"? I'd imagine it would clear out after at
least 30 seconds, if not right away.

> Also try using qsig instead of qdel for running jobs.

Whats the difference? Doesn't a qdel send a SIGKILL?

Also, the jobs are clearly getting the SIGKILL, because a ps on the node
shows that the jobs don't exist. I'm doing a watch ps, and I can see
that right after I issue the qdel, the processes begin to clean
themselves up and eventually disappear from the process table.

-Joshua Bernstein
Software Engineer
Penguin Computing